TAKE ACTION FOR HEART HEALTH
YMCA’s Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program
ELDON & ELSIE WARD FAMILY YMCA, GAHANNA/JOHN E. BICKLEY YMCA, GROVE CITY YMCA, HILLIARD/RAY PATCH FAMILY YMCA, PICKAWAY COUNTY FAMILY YMCA
The YMCA’s Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program is a four month program that supports participants in developing the habit of self- monitoring and identifying opportunities for action through consultations with a Healthy Heart Ambassador. The program is based on Check. Change. Control.® from The American Heart Association.
- Better blood pressure management
- Blood pressure reduction
- Learn what triggers elevated blood pressure
- Developing healthier eating habits
- Program is evidence-based and may lower blood pressure
- Provides personalized support from a Healthy Heart Ambassador during Office Hour consultations
- Heart healthy nutrition education
- Easy-to-use, portable self-tracking tool provided
- Non-YMCA Members will receive a 1 month YMCA pass and 4 sessions with a Wellness Coach
Individuals are asked to self-monitor their blood pressure at least twice a month and check in with a Healthy Heart Ambassador twice a month. Nutritional information sessions are held once a month.
$50 if you own a BP cuff
$90 if you need BP cuff provided